The Power of Indwelling Corruption: The Christian's Reasonable Service -...





"Indwelling corruption is the most powerful of all causes of backsliding. In regeneration God grants His people

spiritual life by uniting them to Christ. This life is predisposed toward growth—and indeed it does grow. You would

be able to observe this if you would compare your current condition with your condition when you were first changed. "



The Power of Indwelling Corruption: The Christian's Reasonable Service - Wilhelmus à Brakel



(1) The complaints of the saints: “O Lord, why hast Thou made us to err from Thy ways, and hardened our heart

from Thy fear?” (Isa 63:17); “But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and

bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am!” (Rom 7:23-24).

(2) Such texts in which believers confess the power of indwelling corruption: “Iniquities prevail against me” (Ps

65:3).

(3) Such texts in which saints pray to be kept from this. “Keep back Thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let

them not have dominion over me” (Ps 19:13).

(4) Related warnings. “And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption”

(Eph 4:30); “But exhort one another daily, while it is called To-day; lest any of you be hardened through the

deceitfulness of sin” (Heb 3:13).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Resolution for every Year - Reverend Romesh Prakashpalan Sermon

The Saint Must Walk Alone - A. W. Tozer #shorts